age in an Ecuadorian population exposes to glyphosate, Genetics and Mol. Bio. 30, no. 2:456-460.
17. Benachour, N. and Gilles-Eric Seralini. 2008. Glyphosate formulations induce apoptosis and necrosis in human
umbilical, embryonic, and placental cells, Chem. Res. Toxicol. (published online December 23).
18. Lassiter et al. 2008.
19. Newbold, R. R. et al. 2007. Developmental exposure to endocrine disruptors and the obesity epidemic, Reprod.
Toxicol. 23, no. 3:290-296.
20. Benbrook, C. et al. 2008.
21. Jiang, W. J. 2008. Sirtuins: novel targets for metabolic disease in drug development. Biochem. Biophys. Res.
Comm. 373, no 3: 341-344.
22. Joseph, J. A., et al. 2008. Cellular and behavioral effects of stilbene resveratrol analogues: implications for reducing the deleterious effects of aging, J. Agricultural and Food Chemistry 56, no. 22: 10,544-10,551 (December).
23. Benbrook, C. 2005. Elevating antioxidant levels in food through organic farming and food processing, State of Science Review. The Organic Center (January). Accessible at: http://www.organic-center.org/science.antiox.php?ac-tion=view&report_id= 3
24. Maggee, J. B., and B. J. Smith. 2002. Resveratrol content of muscadine berries is affected by disease control
spray program, HortScience 37, no. 2:358-361.
25. Ahn, J., et al. 2008. Dietary resveratrol alters lipid metabolism-related gene expression of mice on an atherogenic
diet, J. of Hepatology, 49: 1019-1028.
26. Fox, M.K., et al. 2006. Relationship between portion size and energy intake among infants and toddlers: evidence
of self-regulation, J. Am. Diet. Assoc. 106, Supplement 1:S77-83.
27. Hill et al. 2003. Obesity and the environment: Where do we go from here?, Science 299 (Feb. 7). Butte and Ellis.
2003. Comment on “Obesity and the environment: Where do we go from here?” Science. 301 (Aug. 1).
28. Lane, M. D. and S. H. Cha. 2009. Effect of glucose and fructose on food intake via malonyl-CoA signaling in the
brain, Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. (accessed March 3, 2009).
29. Dubois, L. and M. Girard. 2006. Early determinants of overweight at 4. 5 years in a population-based longitudinal
study, Int. J. Obesity, 30:610-617.
30. Benbrook, C. et al. 2008.
31. Davis, D. 2009. Declining fruit and vegetable nutrient composition: What is the evidence, HortScience 44, no. 1
32. Andrews, P., et al. 2009. Scientists agree that organic farming delivers healthier, richer soil and nutritionally enhanced food, The Organic Center, (March). Accessible at: http://www.organic- center.org/ science.events.php?action=view&report_id=148
33. Halweill, B. 2007. Still no free lunch: Nutrient levels in the U.S. food supply eroded by pursuit of high yields, Critical
Issue Report, The Organic Center (September 2007). Accessible at: http://www.organic- center.org/ science.nutri.php?action=view&report_id=115
34. Hsu, C.L. et al. 2009. Phenolic compounds rutin and o-coumaric acid ameliorate obesity induced by high-fat diet
in rats, J. Ag Food Chemistry, Vol. 57: 425-431.
agricultural pesticide applications and autism spectrum
disorders among children in the California Central Valley.
Environmental Health Perspectives 115, no. 10:1482-
7. Cone, M. 2009. Environmental Health News (January
8. Hales, C. N., et al. 1991. Fetal growth and impaired
glucose tolerance at age 64, British Medical Jour.
9. Hanke, W., and J. Jurewicz. 2004. The risk of adverse
reproductive and developmental disorders due to occupational pesticide exposure: an overview of current epidemiological evidence, Int. J. Occup. Med. Envir. Health.
10. Smink, A., N. Ribas-Fito, R. Garcia, et al. 2008. Exposure to hexachlorobenzene during pregnancy increases risk of overweight in children aged 6 years. Acta
11. Newbold, R. R., E. Padilla-Banks, R. J. Snyder, et al.
2007. Developmental exposure to endocrine disruptors
and the obesity epidemic. Reprod. Toxicol. 23:290-296.
12. Lassiter, T.L., et al. 2008. Exposure of neonatal rats to
parathion elicits sex-selective reprogramming of metabolism and alters response to high-fat diet in adulthood,
Environmental Health Perspectives, 116:1456-1462.
13. Lassiter, T. L., and S. Brimijoin. 2008. Rats gain excess weight after developmental exposure to the
organophosphorothionate pesticide, chlorpyrifos. Neu-rotoxicol Teratol.30:125-130.
14. Slotkin, T. A., et al. 2008. Exposure of neonatal rats
to parathion elicits sex-selective impairment of acetylcholine systems in brain regions during adolescence
and adulthood, Environmental Health Perspectives 116,
no. 10: 1308-1314.
15. Anway, M.D. et al. 2005. Epigenetic transgenerational actions of endocrine disruptors and male fertility.
Science 308, no. 5727:1466-1469.
16. Paz-y-Mino, C., et al. 2007. Evaluation of DNA dam-
Color Makes Life Magical
Ndj `cdl jh Vh i]Z ldgaY aZVYZg ^c XVgVbZa Xdadg VcY i]Z Òghi J#H# bVcj[VXijgZg
id egd YjXZ XZgi^ÒZY dg\Vc^X cVijgVa XdadgVcih# <^k^c\ ndj V h^c\aZ! ZmeZgi hdjgXZ
i]Vi jcYZghiVcYh i]Z ^bedgiVcXZ d[ Xdadg id ndjg XjhidbZgh#
Cdl i]ViÉh ZmigVdgY^cVgn#